Sunday 15 November 2015

Lamar Odom 'feared to have significant brain damage', doesn't recognize anyone

Lamar is said to be having trouble recognizing other friends and family despite Khloe being able to rebuild her relationship with the NBA star during his time in hospital. In the time that's passed, the website's source claims that Lamar has at times seemed 'empty' and can only use sporadic words.

At the time he awoke from the coma, Lamar reportedly said 'hey baby' to ex-wife Khloe, recognising her instantly, and also squeezed sister-in-law Kim Kardashian's hand as sources claimed he was  It making 'slow progress.'

Building up a better picture of his recovery, Khloe revealed the full extent of Lamar's long journey this week.
She said the basketball player does not yet know why he is hospitalized because she feels it would 'set him back' in his recovery process.    
Speaking on Ellen, on an episode which will air on Monday, Khloe revealed he is having to learn to feed himself again, and speak, as well as put sentences together.

'He is off all the machines that help his organs but he has such a long way to go,' Khloe revealed. 'He's learning how to walk again and feed himself again and put sentences together. 
'Cognitively there is a lot...it's along long road ahead. He couldn't  put a words together today. But he understands.' 
Khloe also revealed they haven't yet explained to Lamar how he ended up in hospital.
Khloe said: 'I can't tell him. We tell him he had a brain injury, I can't tell him how that brain injury was caused. It will set him back.'
She added Lamar has never asked why he is in the hospital, and they are just taking each day as it comes. 
'He's really confused a lot we have to remind him. Every day is different.
'Sometimes he knows who the president is, and his birthday, and other times he thinks he's 26, and I say: "I bet you wish you were 26, so do I."' 
'I’m there helping him and I love him and I’ve always loved him. And that will never change and I just feel like it’s a really insensitive thing to fast forward a divorce.'
She went on to clarify: 'I love him and I always will and he’s a fantastic person who deserves support and love and for someone to be by his side, and for me, I’m that to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment