Saturday 30 January 2016

Angelique Kerber stuns World No 1 Serena Williams to win Australian Open final

World number one, Serena Williams today surprisingly lost the Australian Open final to Angelique Kerber after battling with the world no 6. She later admitted with tears in her eyes that Kerber deserved to win. "You did so well, let me be the first to congratulate you," a teary-eyed Williams said on court. "You truly played so well in the moment."

Angelique Kerber beat Serena 6-4,3-6,6-4 in the final on the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne


After emerging victorious , Kerber couldn't hold back her tears of joy.
 "I was with one leg in the plane for Germany," she said of nearly going out in the first round. "I take my chance to be here in the final and play against Serena. My dream come true tonight, on this night. My whole life I was winning so hard and now I can say that I’m a Grand Slam champion… it sounds so crazy.
“I’m really enjoying this moment right now. This is the best two weeks of my life, my career. I had goosebumps when I was playing on the court," said Kerber, playing in her first major final.

No comments:

Post a Comment