The Wikipedia article of the day for January 13, 2016 is No. 1 Flying Training School RAAF.
No. 1 Flying Training School (No. 1 FTS) was one of the original units of the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF), dating back to the service's formation in 1921 at Point Cook, Victoria. It was re-formed several times in the ensuing years, initially as No. 1 Service Flying Training School in 1940, under the wartime Empire Air Training Scheme. After graduating nearly 3,000 pilots, it was disbanded in late 1944, when there was no further need to train Australian aircrews for service in Europe. The school was re-established in 1946 at Uranquinty, New South Wales, and transferred to Point Cook the following year. To cope with the demands of the Korean War and Malayan Emergency, it was re-formed as No. 1 Applied Flying Training School in 1952 and moved to Pearce, Western Australia, in 1958. Another school was meanwhile formed at Uranquinty, No. 1 Basic Flying Training School (No. 1 BFTS), which transferred to Point Cook in 1958. In 1969, No. 1 AFTS was re-formed as No. 2 Flying Training School and No. 1 BFTS was re-formed as No. 1 FTS. Rationalisation of RAAF flying training resulted in the disbandment of No. 1 FTS in 1993.