Friday 8 January 2016

TDE President Says Label Dropping Four Albums In 2016

http://news.hiphopearly.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/TDE-label.png
Top Dog Entertainment has certainly established itself as one of the more interesting labels in the game.
In 2015, TDE dropped Kendrick Lamar’s TPAB and Jay Rock’s 90059.
They’re aiming for bigger things in 2016 — at least in terms of total albums.
In an interview with MTV, label boss Dave Free said albums from SZA, Isaiah Rashad, Ab-Soul, and Schoolboy Q are on the schedule for this year.
“I’m excited for people to hear the new SZA album,” Free said. “I’m stupid excited for y’all to hear the Isaiah Rashad album. I’m stupid excited for y’all to hear the new Ab-Soul. I’m so excited for y’all to hear Q’s album. Oh my God. These are songs I’ve been living with. I already know what it’s gonna do.”
He also addressed the rumored  Kendrick Lamar-J. Cole joint project.
“A joint album does sound great, but people need to understand, these are two geniuses,” he explained. “These are two creative guys. It takes a long time for one of them to get in a space to create a song, so to get two of them in a space to do that, it takes a lot of time and energy. It all has to be a singular project, but it just can’t happen overnight.”
What TDE project are you most excited about?

No comments:

Post a Comment